What is SEO?
A fair question, and one that is rarely answered simply or easily (probably because it’s a massive subject on which careers, businesses, and livelihoods are based). I’ll break it down into a simple metaphor:
Search Engine Optimization is the new shoes in middle school. It’s the thing that you got for Christmas that made all the other kids ooh and ahh and point. It made you the center of attention, at least until someone else got the ones that lit up when you jumped.
SEO is 100 small things that increase the chance of your business’ content or website being seen in any given internet search.
1. Optimize your Content
Before we get into the specifics of proven SEO strategies, you need to make sure your content is highly desirable in the first place.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What single subject is my business focused on?
- What issues are my customers having?
- What questions do my customers want answered? (If you don’t know, ask them!)
- What do I know about?
Focusing your blog articles on a single subject (social media marketing, non-profit success, new fashion, PR best practice, etc) establishes your reputation as a trusted source. You’ll generate blog traffic because you’re offering specific, expert, exclusive information.
Implementing the five strategies below will help your burgeoning business blog succeed, generate readership, and increase your brand awareness online. They’re as important (if not more so) when you’re first establishing your place in the blogosphere as they are when you’re seeing thousands of readers each day.
Blog SEO Top Tip #1: Optimize your blog for mobile. Google punishes non-optimized websites in search results. I recommend Twitter Bootstrap to do this. And sorry, you’re going to need a web designer for this one.
2. Use Links
Google’s search algorithm (it’s useful to think of it as an actual personality picking and choosing – and you implementing these 6 strategies to please it) doesn’t have the time to read your whole article. It looks at your title, headers, images, social endorsements and, most of all your links.
Google PageRank thinks of links as ‘votes’. Every time somebody links to your website or blog article that counts as a vote for its popularity.
To get a better idea of which factors Google search prioritizes, let me break it down for you.
Here are the top five factors to strive for:
- Number of links to your article or page
- Sum of Facebook Shares, Likes and comments (Shares are worth quite a lot more than Likes or comments)
- Number of links in the article or page
- Keyword use
- Number of characters in body copy (longer is better, people!)
And here are a few to avoid:
- Long URLS/titles
- Large images (1024×768 or bigger)
3 Strategies to develop link-building:
- Link to your own articles from your own articles
- Social media networking: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, even Pinterest allow you to connect with influencers who will share your posts and increase your blog awareness online
- Create mutually beneficial relationships with other bloggers, through guest blogging and commenting on blogs:
Source : http://blog.wishpond.com/post/65898762922/blog-seo-how-to-easily-optimize-your-blog-for-search